RMHC St. Louis COVID-19 information
A statement from Dan Harbaugh, RMHC St. Louis President:
April 29, 2020
Changing, Adapting & Continuing Our Mission
As the world changes around us in response to COVID19, one thing remains constant: our mission to serve seriously ill children and their families.
Over the last month, we have made significant changes to our operations to ensure the health and safety of our volunteers, employees, and, of course, the families who count on us. These changes include restricting our three Houses to essential staff members and guest families, as well as temporarily closing our four in-hospital Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. In addition, volunteers, outside activities and our Meals from the Heart program have been suspended.
We will continue to follow directions from government agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our local public health departments. In addition, we are working closely with our hospital partners.
In this time of great uncertainty, we are relying on each other for support. As a part of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis community, we hope we can rely on you to support us, however you can, in this time of need. Here are a few ways to help:
- Make a donation. Your financial support will help us continue to be here for our families. Donate today!
- Provide a meal. We have suspended our Meals from the Heart program, but you can help by providing funding for meals. Click here to donate and select “Meals from the Heart Relief” from the gift designation drop-down menu. Or, for information about how you can have food delivered to one of our Houses from a local restaurant, please click here.
- Donate Wish List items. We have updated our Wish List with the most important items. You can donate these items from the safety of your own home through our Amazon Wish List. Your donated items will be delivered right to our doorstep and put to great use.
- Shop AmazonSmile. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to RMHC St. Louis!
- Round-Up for RMHC. Don’t forget – if you happen to be visiting your local McDonald’s drive-thru, ask to round up your total to the nearest dollar. Your small change makes a big difference.
We know that your life has likely turned upside down, too, and we hope you and your family are all healthy and safe. We will continue to provide updates on how RMHC St. Louis is doing through this dedicated webpage.
Thank you for being part of the RMHC St. Louis family. Our work here will go on with your continued dedication and support.
RMHC St. Louis President