RMHC St. Louis COVID-19 information
A statement from Dan Harbaugh, RMHC St. Louis President:
The Heart of RMHC: Serving guest families when they need it most
At Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis, we continue to provide family-centered care to seriously ill or injured children and their families. Delivering clean and comfortable spaces to families as they rest, recharge, and connect safely within the walls of our St. Louis area Ronald McDonald Houses and through our services at our four Ronald McDonald Family Rooms.
As we look back on the last year, we are incredibly grateful for our community’s support during some of the most difficult moments in our 40-year history. It is only through your generous gifts and continued backing that we were able to offer a home-away-from-home to families in the midst of a pandemic. Read more about RMHC St. Louis during 2020 in our Annual Report.
The RMHC team continues to pivot services to keep our guest families, staff, volunteers, and community members as safe as possible. Please see the following updates regarding our programs:
- Many on-site volunteer opportunities continue to be suspended as COVID-19 vaccines are rolled out in the St. Louis region,
- Our Meals from the Heart program has been reinstated on a limited basis with strict guidelines. Learn more at www.rmhcstl.com/meals.
- Our Ronald McDonald Family Room team collaborates with hospital partners to allow families to access our special spaces on a reduced basis. In April, a small group of volunteers was invited back to assist with the operations of the Family Rooms.
- The Ronald McDonald Family Room inside SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital will be receiving a face-lift after 13 years of providing comfort and care to families in St. Louis.
- Plans are underway for our Special Events, including our Golf Tournament and Kids & Clays Tournament. Learn more about these upcoming events rmhcstl.com/events.
While we are hopeful to get back to regular operations soon, we will continue to monitor the pandemic and follow guidance and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), RMHC Global, local State Departments, and local hospital partners.
Here are five ways you can support RMHC St. Louis right now:
- Support seriously ill children and their families through a monetary donation online
- Provide a meal at one of the Ronald McDonald Houses
- Round-Up for RMHC at McDonald’s
- Host a fundraiser
- Donate wish list items from our Amazon Wish List and have essential supplies delivered to the House
We are incredibly grateful for the positive response from community members, like you, in such challenging times. We are hopeful for our future and continue to keep our guest families’ health and well-being at the forefront of every decision.
RMHC St. Louis President